Thursday, April 24, 2008

Three's Company


Hello world! Actually - lets be real - Hello Hannah and Dani! Until more people figure out I'm here, this will basically be a communication between us three, so we'll skip the introduction.

Today I made the long trek from Utah down to my home town of Valencia, California. That's a total of ten hours of straight driving. Needless to say, with ten hours of driving by myself, I had plenty of time to think.

As I drove, I came to a few conclusions. First, I thought about my friendships up in Utah - who each one of my friends was, what the meant to me, and how we got along. After thinking about the relationship I have with you two girls, it struck me... it was all so clear! I knew I had seen the exact same situation before on television; I realized that our friendship paralleled that of Jack Tripper, Janet Wood, and Chrissy Snow - That's right, we are the cast of the popular 1977 sitcom "Three's Company"! I don't know why it took so long to realize, but I actually think it's quite fitting.

Of course, Dani would play the role of Janet (pretty sweet make-up! Take notes ladies!), I would be the dashing stallion Jack Tripper (I mean seriously, look at those sweet shorts), and Hannah is the lovable Chrissy Snow (is her hand really reaching down my shirt?). For real, can't you see it? Every episode starts with the three starting some kind of fight amongst themselves, but by the end of the half-hour they all love each other more than ever!

Whats better is I even realized that while our trio had its fare share of adventures, we must remember that every so often they got a small visit from their good friend Ralph Furley, who in our real live drama is none other than the champ Jon Lysy. Don't deny it... I know you're imagining the whole thing right now!

Yeah.... well.... That's only the beginning of the depths I discovered as I spent those long ten hours alone. It's amazing what you come up with when no one else is there to entertain you!

Anyways! My small dog Fritz is chewing off my arms at the moment, so I can't really devote any more time to writing. I miss you two already!

4 comments:

dani said...

OH MY GOSH I LOVE THIS! please give me more real-life/television metaphors, i love them.

Brandon said...

I hope there is a dashing character that fits me in somewhere. You da man

Brianne said...

uhh, Keith, Dani and Hannah are not the only ones who read your blog. Brandon and I stalk you too.

hannahshirley said...

Yes, the rumors are true- That is me with my hand down your shirt.
p.s. I love this. Miss you!